I made a VLOG about this chasing waterfalls in Calbayog. I apologize in advance for my awkwardness, but believe me I tried. I’m not good in speaking too, so please bear with me. HEHE 🙂 .If you do like my video don’t forget to subscribe my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/chasing_potatoes . Thank you so much. 🙂♥
THE VLOG #67
Subscribe here 😘 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rg9Tfdluxk
HOW TO GET THERE
Location Brgy. Tinaplacan, Calbayog City, Samar
If you are from Calbayog City, ride a jeep or van bound for Allen. Tell the driver your drop off point is Brgy. Tinaplacan or Bangon Falls or Tarangban Falls.
Jeep Php 45.00
Van Php 100.00
Estimated travelling time for jeep is 1.5 hour and for van is less than an hour.
If you are from Allen, Northern Samar, ride a jeep bound for Calbayog. Tell the driver your drop off point is Brgy. Tinaplacan/Bangon Falls/Tarangban Falls. Estimated travelling time is one hour.
Register at the tourism outpost so that you will be provided with habal habal and guide.
Entrance fee Php10.00 for adult and Php5.00 for children
Habal Habal Fare Php300.00 (1 to 3 pax)
Tour Guide Php 200.00 (1 to 8pax)
This is optional: You may give tips for the guides are there to help, watch over and assist you. It would mean a lot to them.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR YOUR TRIP
1. Leave no trace. Let us be responsible travellers. As a kid, I was taught by my mother to keep my trash inside my bag. I have made that a practice up to this day. It’s just a simple act but has a great impact for the environment. Just bring your trash and throw it to the garbage bin if you find one. Please… It’s just as easy as a snap of the fingers.
2. Wear comfortable clothes, shoes or trekking sandals because you will hike for about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon your fitness capacity. Bring water for hydration and trail snacks for energy booster.
3. Bring sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s hottest rays. Travelling is fun, but always protect your skin from the harsh heat of the sun. Always use sunblock before sun exposure. In my case I use Sevensense Sunblock Spray because it’s handy, non-sticky, fast absorbent, white pigment free and preservative free.
4. Bring additional clothes if ever you are up to swimming.
5. Respect nature for nature is our provider and healer.
6. Always follow the guide. Never ever wander off to avoid unpleasant happenings.
WHERE TO STAY IN CALBAYOG
I recommend S&R Bed & Breakfast located in National Highway, Brgy. Policarpo, Calbayog City, Samar. It is only a 10-minute drive from the airport. Aside from the comfy stay they also serve free delicious breakfast, and tinapa is one dish in the list.
And because of S n R I got the chance to tour around Calbayog, just contact these numbers if you want to have a hassle free tour.
Tel. No. (055) 533-9026
Cell No. +63 905 360 8398
READ MORE : Two Splendid Waterfalls To Chase in Calbayog
How about you? Have you visited Tarangban Falls and Bangon Falls in Calbayog 🤣 Tell me about your story. I would love to hear from you? Please connect thru my FB page and Instagram. Join me in my adventure and misadventure. Let’s chase those potatoes.
Those naughty potatoes roll so fast that I could hardly catch up with them in CALBAYOG, SAMAR. I wonder what place will they be venturing next. So stay tuned for my next chasing potatoes adventure.
Thanks for visiting. 🙂