The emotional stress I’ve garnered lately made me loss my sanity. Some friends leave without even saying goodbye. Conflicts and changes occur. Well, they happen many times, yeah, sort of permanent already. Everything is just becoming depressing and disheartening plus the volume of work that is piling up. Time is getting limited and the demand for completion is so high. UGH! If only I could prolong time I would be accomplishing much, huhu!
And on top of this miserable feeling is longing someone who doesn’t even deserve to be missed. Have you ever experienced this — where you miss someone but you keep silent about it because once he knows and responds to the same feeling, you will fall again with this person who will later cause pain and the hurt will recur again in your relationship. It will become a cycle of love and pain and eventually you will hate each other’s company. It’s a love and hate relationship.
And these are just crazzzzzy! I’ve got to get rid of this emotional drama, pressures and stress or else this plight will gonna be the death of me.
So to slay these problems, I called up Lovely and told her that we would set foot to an adventure in Catmon to chase waterfalls there. I had no idea why it has to be waterfalls. I just love to see this kind of water form as of the moment! It seems like waterfalls are magnets that naturally draw me to them.
So to Catmon we go!
Here are our pictures….
After chasing waterfalls, river trekking, scrambling through rocks, swimming the cold water of the spring and spending time with nature, I felt sharper, happier and lighter. It seemed that I was carrying no burden at all. To be honest I was overwhelmed with a sense of joy when I saw a waterfall.
Curious like a cat, I wondered why waterfalls made me happy.
Apparently there is a science behind it. Base from this site: https://www.canadianaffair.com/blog/do-waterfalls-make-us-happy/
“Waterfalls are considered to be one giant ion generator – the vitamins in the watery air give off negative ions, which we take in as positive energy.
Once the negative ions reach our bloodstream, they are said to increase our bodies’ production of serotonin, which is the chemical responsible for relieving stress and depression, and for boosting our energy and happiness.”
And another information here http://earthtalk.org/can-waterfalls-really-make-you-happy/
“There just may be some truth to the rumor that being around waterfalls can uplift your mood, thanks to the so-called “negative ions” pervasive in such environments. The collision of water molecules with each other, such as at a waterfall or an ocean beach, causes the water to become positively charged, and the surrounding air to be negatively charged.
And according to Pierce J. Howard, a Ph.D. and author of The Owner’s Manual for the Brain: Everyday Applications from Mind-Brain Research, it makes sense that waterfalls can make you feel good, given that negative ions hitting our bloodstream can produce biochemical reactions linked to alleviating depression, relieving stress, and boosting energy.“High concentrations of negative ions are essential for high energy and positive mood,” he reports.
So those are the negative signs when chasing waterfalls. When you are with a waterfall, you will be surrounded by negative ions and when you summon up these negative ions, they will become positive energy resulting to a better disposition. God’s creation is not just for our eyes to marvel and feast upon but also it helps us to feel emotionally good and that’s the majesty of nature.
So here’s a video clip in our chasing waterfalls in Catmon.
Wanna feel good too? Want to chase waterfalls here in Catmon, too?
Here are the Tips and Tricks for your trip.
1. You may or you may not hire a tour guide but for safety purposes you better do. Book your tour to Kyno Lim Dumlao. You can contact him through this number+63 999 325 9621.
2. Before proceeding to your chasing waterfalls and river trekking here in Tinubdan Falls, make sure you check the weather, because if there’s heavy rain or bad weather might lead to a dangerous situation like flash floods.
3. Go to North Bus Terminal early. Ride any bus bound for Bogo, Hagnaya, Daanbantayan, etc. as long as it passes Catmon. Tell the conductor to drop you off Katambisan, Catmon. Travel early to maximize your trip and to avoid traffic.
4. Ride a habal-habal and tell the driver to drop you off at the Brgy Tabili where Tinubdan Falls is located. You may negotiate with the driver to fetch you up after your river trekking since there are just few habal habals in the area.
5. Always follow the guide. Never ever wander off to avoid unpleasant happenings0.
6. Behave well. Never ever shout, to avoid disturbance of the surroundings. Respect nature.
7. Wear trekking shoes or sandal since this involves hiking on fields and rocks.
8. River trekking here entails swimming in the river, so bring additional clothes.
9. Bring food and water and make sure no trashes will be left behind. Bring your trash. What you bring up, you must also bring down. Let’s make this place eco-friendly. We are just nature’s stewards. We do not own this planet. Never ever throw your trash anywhere. Leave no trace always. This is just a little favour from Mother Earth.
10. Waterproof all your belongings.
11. Bring additional money for emergency purposes.
Possible Travel Expenses to Prepare:
Php 78.00 – North Bus – Catmon (Fare)
Php 200.00 – Tour Guide Fee
Php 100.00 – Habal-Habal (Back & Forth)
Php 78.00 – Catmon – North Bus(Fare)
TOTAL – Php 456.00
Because of this chasing waterfalls adventure I gained new friends. Thanks Nhagz, Lai and your friend, Demi and your husband, Kyno and your two friends Donald and Patrick and the 3 other guys who were with us in this adventure and whose names missed my memory. Thanks for the company and of course Lovely for ever supporting my “maoy”. Bwahahah!
Those naughty potatoes roll so fast that I could hardly catch up with them in Catmon. I wonder what place will they be venturing next. So stay tuned for my next chasing potato adventure.
How about you? Have you tried chasing waterfalls? What did you feel then? I would love to hear from you?Please connect thru my FB page and Instagram. Join me in my adventure and misadventure. Let’s chase those potatoes. OH YESSS! Thanks for visiting.