I tried solo traveling once because I wanted to experience freedom of taking risks and of dealing with personally unknown ventures to find out if it is really liberatingly beautiful. I found the answer when I visited Calbayog.
It was not all fun; there were times when I got scared while jaunting but at the end of the day I set aside the negativities encountered along the way and thought of the valuable lessons learned in this experience. That is why Calbayog already has carved an etch in my heart even though I was there two years ago. But it is only now that I felt the desire to write this blog. I have shaken off the lethargy in my being and have stopped my addiction to Mobile Legend, haha 😂. I have to stop or else that would be the death of me, ugh!
Anyway, I’m now scribbling my thoughts about my Calbayog adventure which had bittersweet memories. It seemed that it happened just yesterday for I could still vividly remember this first solo travel and probably my last. (So that my parents won’t worry again about my crazy solitary trips. haha 😂)
Here’s my story of chasing waterfalls in Calbayog.
After a 30-minute habal-habal ride, we reached the drop off point where a number of vendors were selling snacks and refreshments. This was a sign that a lot of tourists, local and foreign, frequently visit this place.
Here are the photos I took with just my smartphone and tripod.
Before I end this blog, I would like to share this quote from Mark Anthony.
“And one day she discovered that she was fierce, and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” Mark Anthony
To the people reading this: Let’s have the courage to chase our dreams and make them come true. I hope we can overcome the obstacles to the realization of our dreams. Life is full of adventures, loaded with unknowns and uncertainties. We have to take risks. The destination matters, but the most crucial part is the journey. So, let’s trust the process and enjoy the ride.
HOW TO GET THERE
Location Brgy. Tinaplacan, Calbayog City, Samar
If you are from Calbayog City, ride a jeep or van bound for Allen. Tell the driver your drop off point is Brgy. Tinaplacan or Bangon Falls or Tarangban Falls.
Jeep Php 45.00
Van Php 100.00
Estimated travelling time for jeep is 1.5 hour and for van is less than an hour.
If you are from Allen, Northern Samar, ride a jeep bound for Calbayog. Tell the driver your drop off point is Brgy. Tinaplacan/Bangon Falls/Tarangban Falls. Estimated travelling time is one hour.
Register at the tourism outpost so that you will be provided with habal habal and guide.
Entrance feePhp10.00for adult andPhp5.00 for children
Habal Habal FarePhp300.00(1 to 3 pax)
Tour GuidePhp200.00 (1 to 8pax)
This is optional: You may give tips for the guides are there to help, watch over and assist you. It would mean a lot to them.
So before I end this blog, I’d like you to know that I made a VLOG also about this chasing waterfalls in Calbayog .I apologize in advance for my awkwardness, but believe me I tried. I’m not good in speaking too, so please bear with me. HEHE 🙂 .If you do like my video don’t forget to subscribe my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/c/chasing_potatoes . Thank you so much. 🙂♥
Subscribe here 😘 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rg9Tfdluxk
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR YOUR TRIP
1. Leave no trace. Let us be responsible travellers. As a kid, I was taught by my mother to keep my trash inside my bag. I have made that a practice up to this day. It’s just a simple act but has a great impact for the environment. Just bring your trash and throw it to the garbage bin if you find one. Please… It’s just as easy as a snap of the fingers.
2. Wear comfortable clothes, shoes or trekking sandals because you will hike for about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon your fitness capacity. Bring water for hydration and trail snacks for energy booster.
3. Bring sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun’s hottest rays. Travelling is fun, but always protect your skin from the harsh heat of the sun. Always use sunblock before sun exposure. In my case I use Sevensense Sunblock Spray because it’s handy, non-sticky, fast absorbent, white pigment free and preservative free.
4. Bring additional clothes if ever you are up to swimming.
5. Respect nature for nature is our provider and healer.
6. Always follow the guide. Never ever wander off to avoid unpleasant happenings.
WHERE TO STAY IN CALBAYOG
I recommend S&R Bed & Breakfast located in National Highway, Brgy. Policarpo, Calbayog City, Samar. It is only a 10-minute drive from the airport. Aside from the comfy stay they also serve free delicious breakfast, and tinapa is one dish in the list.
And because of S n R I got the chance to tour around Calbayog, just contact these numbers if you want to have a hassle free tour.
Tel. No. (055) 533-9026
Cell No. +63 905 360 8398
How about you? Have you visited Tarangban Falls and Bangon Falls in Calbayog 🤣 Tell me about your story. I would love to hear from you? Please connect thru my FB page and Instagram. Join me in my adventure and misadventure. Let’s chase those potatoes.
Those naughty potatoes roll so fast that I could hardly catch up with them in CALBAYOG, SAMAR. I wonder what place will they be venturing next. So stay tuned for my next chasing potatoes adventure.